Bequeath to MyRight

You can support MyRight's work and contribute to increased rights for persons with disabilities by bequeathing money, shares, mutual funds, real estate or other.

The gifts are exempt from tax on interest income, share dividends and capital gains. A will is an important document. It does not have to be complicated, but there are certain formal requirements for a will to be valid. Therefore, contact a lawyer who can review your will.

If you have questions regarding wills, you are warmly welcome to contact MyRight via e-mail: info@myright.se or by phone: +46 (0)8-505 77 600.

Operators within MyRight receive reduced prices on legal documents such as wills and cohabitation agreements with the funeral home Lavendla Juridik. Read more here.

Questions and answers about wills

With a will, you can change the order of inheritance and tell how you want your leftover property to be distributed after your death. It can be a way to make it easier for relatives.

If you want what your heirs receive after you to be private property for them, you order this in a will.

Through a will, you can choose to donate a gift to something that is close to your heart, the day you yourself do not need your assets.

If you are a cohabitant or have orphaned children, it is wise to find out what applies in your particular situation, so that it turns out as you intended. It may therefore be worthwhile to seek the help of a lawyer when drawing up a will.

A will is not binding as long as you live. You can cancel or change it at any time.

If you die without leaving a spouse and have not written a will, your estate will be distributed according to the rules in the inheritance order. It is divided into three inheritance classes based on kinship.

1st inheritance class - breast heirs, ie children, grandchildren, great-grandchildren
2nd inheritance class Parents and siblings, nieces and nephews, nieces and nephews
3rd inheritance class - grandparents and their children

The inheritance classes are ranked and as long as there is an heir in the first inheritance class, second and third inheritance classes will not be considered and so on.

For spouses, special rules apply. If the deceased spouse does not leave any heirs in the first or second class of inheritance and has not written a will, the surviving spouse inherits the entire estate with full ownership.

Heirs in the third class of inheritance thus have no right to the estate if there is a surviving spouse. If, on the other hand, there are heirs in the first or second class of inheritance, the surviving spouse inherits the entire estate with so-called free disposal and the heirs of the first deceased are then heirs.

If there are no heirs or wills, the entire inheritance goes to the General Inheritance Fund.

You can either use a template, type in typewriter or even by hand. 

There is no requirement that you need to hire a lawyer to write your will. However, it can be good to ensure that the will can be applied in the way you have intended and that it meets the formal requirements. A lawyer can go through your situation and your wishes and help you formulate the will based on that.

Both natural and legal persons can be wills. Natural persons are human beings (not animals) and legal persons can be e.g. limited companies, foundations or non-profit associations. It is important that it is possible to identify the recipient e.g. with personal or organization number.

Yes. When MyRight inherits movables such as jewelery, paintings, cars, etc., we have them valued and they are usually sold at auction.

Properties and condominiums are sold through reputable real estate agents on the open market. If the will states special requirements for the sale of property, we will of course follow it.

It is worth noting that MyRight, unlike the estate, has the benefit of being exempt from capital gains tax on the sale of real estate and condominiums, as well as on the sale of securities.

It is best if you do not earmark your gift. 

Will gifts are invaluable for planning long-term efforts that are not linked to a particular project. You can earmark your gift if there is a purpose that you feel extra strongly about, but in that case it is important that you write clearly that your gift should go to it in the first place, and that MyRight in the second place may use the money for it it is judged to do the best good for the children.  

If you only write that the money will go to a certain business, it may not be there on the day your will expires. In that case, we can not accept your gift, because then we can not follow your last will. 

You are welcome to contact us at givarservice@myright.se if you have any questions.