MyRight and UN Women invite you to a webinar on women with disabilities in peacebuilding.
Topic: 20 years with UNSCR 1325 and two years with UNSCR 2475 – What difference have it made for women and girls with disabilities?
Date and time: 21 September, at 15-16.45 CET / 9-10.45 am EDT
Place: Zoom meeting: https://us06web.zoom.us/j/86140824633?pwd=RUQvRVIwOElrZTNRUHRtUXRrcWQrUT09
Language and accessibility: The webinar will be held in English with international sign language (ISL) interpretation and written interpretation in English. Requests for Swedish sign language interpretation should be sent to email@example.com by 13 September. Additional accessibility requests and questions can be sent to the same e-mail address.
Technical details: The webinar will be conducted in the Zoom meeting format, allowing participants to turn on their cameras and microphones when given the word to ask a question or make a comment as we wish to make it inclusive and interactive. This is optional and you can also stay muted with your camera off during the whole webinar.
Registration: Please register to the webinar by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 20 September.
Moderator: Hanna Gerdes
15.00 Welcoming words
15.05 Opening remarks by Toyin Janet Aderemi, Disability Inclusion Expert
15.15 Case examples: Engaging women and girls with disabilities in Women, Peace and Security activities.
– Virginia Atkinson, Senior Global Advisor, Inclusion, International Foundation for Electoral Systems (IFES)
– Shyamala Gomez, Executive Director, Center for Equality and Justice, Sri Lanka
15.40 The perspectives of female peacebuilders with disabilities: Presentations followed by a moderated panel discussion.
– Caroline Atim, Director at South Sudan Women with Disabilities Network and co-founder of SSWDN, Disability Rights Activist & Advocate.
– Batool Abuali, Founder of Light Initiative, Peacebuilder, Youth and Social Advocate from Syria
– Jelena Mišić, Disability Activist in Doboj region of Bosnia-Herzegovina
16.15 Q&A session
16.35 Closing remarks by A.H. Monjurul Kabir, UN Coordination Adviser on Gender Equality and Disability Inclusion, UN Women HQ in New York.
16.45 End of webinar